This is one of my favourite breakfasts… ever! I love it so much because it is so versatile and nutritious. Depending on the season you can combine it with different fruits. The basic oatmeal or porridge recipe is fairly easy.
* serves 1
- 50 g rolled oats (or instant oats)
- 250 ml liquid (water, almond milk, soy milk… i prefer 50/50 water and almond milk)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (or raw sugar, maple syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Put the oats and your choice of liquid in a pot, add the sugar and let come to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let cook for further 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- I like my oats to have some texture. If you like it mushy, just cook it for longer.
Now comes the fun part now. I tried so many combinations and usualy just put in what I have laying around. Here are my favourite flavors:
Mix in one finely cut apple and a handfull of raisins. Topp it with choped walnuts, chia seeds, a couple brazil nuts and apple sauce.
Mash one banana and add it to the cooked oats. Topp it with coconut shavings, chia seeds, fresh or frozen raspberries.
Add 1 tbsp of raw coconut and one mashed banana to the oats and mix until combined. Topp it with chopped cashews, chia seeds and some dark-chocolate chips or cocoa nibs.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Mash one banana and add it to the cooked oats. Topp it with peanut butter and fresh or frozen raspberries.