Another typical Swiss cookie recipe that is pretty simple to make but tastes oh so good. Try it!
**makes 2 full baking sheets
for the dough
- 250 g vegan butter or margarine
- pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp soy cream (you can also make your own non-dairy cream)
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 225 g sugar
- 500 g flour
for the glaze
- 8 tpsp soy cream
- 2 tpsp water
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- opptional: pinch of curcuma (for the color)
- In a bowl cream together the butter, salt, soy cream and zest of 1 lemon.
- Once it’s fluffy and smooth, sift in the flour and form it to a dough.
- Dump the cookie dough onto plastic wrap. Wrap it up and slightly flatten it into a disc shape. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or over night before rolling out.
- When you’re ready to roll out the dough pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly sugar a counter surface and roll it about 5 mm thick. Pro Tip: Roll the dough between wax paper to prevent it from sticking.
- Cut out as many cookies as you can until there’s only a scrap of dough left which you can discard.
- Place the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix togehter the ingredients for the glaze and brush the cookies with it.
- Bake it in the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove them onto wire racks to cool completely.